General Manager Ecosystem Development IBM
Sandy Carter is IBM General Manager Ecosystem Development and Social Business Evangelist, responsible for IBM’s worldwide focus on building ecosystems -including partners, developers, ISVs, entrepreneurs, influencers, academics and venture capitalists – around core growth areas in IBM: Cloud, Mobile, Social, Big Data and Analytics around the world. She led the recent announcement of the IBM Watson Ecosystem, cognitive computing in the cloud, with record breaking interest from partners and others. Prior to her current position, Sandy was IBM Vice President, Social Business Evangelism and Sales, responsible for setting the direction for IBM’s Social Business initiative. In that role she led the team to 4 years of #1 market share per IDC.
- A recognized leader in social business, Sandy is an award-winning author of 3 books, including best-
selling Get Bold, which has been translated into 9 languages.
- She has been named Top 10 in Social Media, Top 50 Social Business Influencers, 2013 Direct Marketer
of the Year, and one of the “Ten Most Powerful Women in Tech”.
- A passionate about women’s leadership she is Founding member of WITI (Women in Technology
International) and Founder of IBM’s Super Women Group.
- A graduate of Duke University and Harvard Business School
SANDY CARTER Sandra “Sandy” Carter is an American business executive, speaker and author. She is IBM’s worldwide General Manager of Ecosystem Development and Social Business.
BORN June 12, 1963 (age 52)
EDUCATION Harvard University, Duke University
AUTHORED THREE BOOKS
- The New Language of Business: SOA & Web 2.0
- The New Language of Marketing 2.0: How to Use ANGELS to Energize Your Market
- Get Bold: Using Social Media to Create a New Type of Social Business